Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday... are you suprised?

And just like that, it is Monday again.  Where to begin?

Last Wednesday night, was our first night of Impact for 09, and the kids really seemed pumped.  We had one of our larger turnouts this school year, and the place was really rocking.  Josh also let the kids know that over spring break, the youth group will be taking a missions trip to Galveston, Texas, to work with everyone who lost their homes during hurricane Ike.  I'm excited about the opportunity, but I still haven't asked if I can take work off.

Fondue Friday night was just plain awesome.  I don't know what it is about fondue that makes it so much fun and so good, but it was.  

Monopoly and Oil Power!  It was a blast getting to play some old board games.  Even though the girls would complain about not wanting to play anymore, they then seem to win.  "I don't want to play anymore."  But you are winning?  "So, I just want this game to be over."  Silly girls.

Combine church Sunday at Salem.  It went really smooth, and again we had a packed house.  Amazing how people still can fill out the comment sheets and say that there is plenty of room for new people though, when the math proves there isn't.  We are at 90-95% capacity, and you are to allow 20% capacity for growth.  I'm not math wizard, but I can figure it out.

Merger vote in 2 weeks, I hope it passes.

Meg is back to Purdue for her final semester!  I wish her good luck!

'til next time...