Monday, December 29, 2008

wheeew!

Hey!  Where did this last week go?  I want it back.  Just like I figured it would, this past week and Christmas went way too fast.  But it was jam packed with great times.  It was weird getting comments about how my blog was getting behind, but most days for me are just not very interesting.  I could tell you about my daily schedule, but it would just depress you, and me.

But last week was Christmas, and I'll just take a few moments to re-cap my activities. 

Christmas Eve.
  • Worked until 3, got home and got ready for the evening, then took a very short nap.  
  • Then it was off to Grandma and Grandpa Wise's where we enjoyed a traditional ham dinner.  We also had our traditional family time of singing songs, and had a great time of sharing thoughts.  We also drew our traditional pictures on the table cloth.  Then came presents, and the quickest, most effiecient "white elephant" gift time I have ever witnessed.
  • Stopped by Meg's extended family Christmas eve get together for a half hour or more and got in on a little Buzzword.
  • Headed over to Grace for the midnight Christmas eve service.
  • Headed home a little bit after midnight and exchanged Christmas gifts with Meg.
Christmas Day.
  • Slept in, that was nice.
  • Opened gifts with the family, and that was a great time.  Gifts were really nice and thoughtful, and I couldn't have asked for more.
  • Played my new Guitar Hero until family showed up for Christmas Day Soup!
  • Headed off to Meg's Christmas in Elkhart.
Friday.
  • I don't really remember.  Drawing a blank.  Oh, it was foggy.
Saturday.
  • Saturday featured the Huff Family Christmas, and it was a great time!  Getting to see my Aunt and cousins from Wisconsin, and my cousin and her husband from Wisconsin who announced that they are expecting!  And my cousin from Alabama who was also up.  It was so nice having the whole family there, although we missed my Uncle Paul who couldn't make it down, and of course Grandma, but she is always with us.
  • Me dominating the ping pong table.  Not sure how that happened, I haven't played in years.
Sunday.
  • Was refreshing, and a nice breather.  Headed to church and then home only to get a call to come in and grab some grub at the B-hop.
  • Went home and watched some football/napped.
  • Went to see Marley and Me with Meg, J and J, Angie-pants, and Sarah.  Then indulged in some wonderful Texas Roadhouse.
  • Got back to Bremen and hung out and talked with J and J while playing with K and K.
  • Sleep.
Now I am back at work, and looking forward to the New Year's festivities.  Hopefully taking Weds. off to make for a nice 5 day weekend, and only a 2 day work week.  That would be pretty sweet.

But there you have it, what I have done.  What did you do?

No comments: